You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Noise in PDF, no noise in AP

In a PDF export, I have only two images among numerous that are technically perfect. These two are noisy after export. If I look at the photos in Photoshop or IrfanView, they are impeccable. If I look at them in Affinity Publisher, they are also impeccable. If I export them from AP, they are completely noisy in PDF. One example: 

"verrauschtes-Foto.jpg" comes from the pdf exported from AP

"nicht-verrauschtes-bild.jpg" comes from the preview in Affinity Publisher.

I have deleted them in AP and re-imported as 4000-KB-JPG: no change.

Thank you.

verrauschtes-Foto.jpg

nicht-verrauschtes-bild.jpg

9 minutes ago, Jon P said:

Hi,

Is it possible for you to attach the publisher file with the image embedded in it?

I've tested with the attached image but the PDF exports seems to be ok

Thanks

Thank you. I wish I could. But I can't, because the publisher refuses to open the file. I am waiting for an update to remove this bug. See:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/90779-publisher-crashes-when-opening-file/&tab=comments#comment-484617

• Staff

Ah I didn't notice the name as i've been following that thread. 

Can you upload the file in it's current un-openable state to the initial dropbox link in that thread?

You mentioned recovering the file previously by moving the linked images, has that not been successful this time?

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

4 hours ago, Jon P said:

Ah I didn't notice the name as i've been following that thread. 

Can you upload the file in it's current un-openable state to the initial dropbox link in that thread?

You mentioned recovering the file previously by moving the linked images, has that not been successful this time?

I'm sorry, but I exchanged the pictures before the publisher's debacle. I remember that only now. Unfortunately I don't have the time to use the old pictures again. In the next case I upload the afup file. I helped myself by selecting photos with less sharpening because I suspected that the publisher could sharpen PDF during export. Anyway, the noisy photos looked like oversharpened JPG files. That solved my problem, but not the technical one, which is probably behind it: the change (sharpening?) of photos when exporting to high-resolution PDF (300 dpi).

And now I'm waiting for the update to finish my work.