You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

low res images with photo persona

I second that.  It's not slight. It appears like 72ppi.

On a 23in Dell 4k monitor with  191 pixel pitch, dropping down to 72ppi is like losing your pants  in public.  Awful.

Looks great in Pub. persona!

Photo Persona has a lower res anti-aliasing being applied to Text and Curves at normal zoom levels.  I can't find any Preferences relevant.

Image 033.jpg

Image 034.jpg

• Staff

Photo persona is using a pixel level view, you can compare the difference in Designer (if you have it ) by switching between different view modes.

This also might explain why it looks 72 ppi on a 4k monitor.

I don't have Designer, but I know how my monitor (and windows, and my Quadro) anti-alias by default without any up or down-scaling.  That's all I want.

To fake some lower resolution with a 72ppi pixel view is  lying to the user about monitor settings, and the documents underlying resolution (with raster images.)

Document Setup has a DPI setting, and it's set to 300ppi in this case.  So, Pixel view should take One pixel of Document and translate it to One pixel of Display.  AND it should take Vectors with no inherent pixels and Rasterize them at 300ppi, obviously.

If I wanted to work at 72ppi as the document standard, I would set that, and would expect to see pixels all day long.

If I wanted 2x Magnification or 3x (for 300ppi) to make the pixel edges visible, I would zoom (B/c 4k).  There's a reason why Photoshop's pixel grid overlay only appears at 2x actual pixel res.

Am I missing some "Gotcha" in the User interface design logic of the devs?

Image 063.jpg

• Staff

Thanks for the file, We've been looking at this (literally very closely) and can see a probable issue with Publisher using a lower image preview at certain zoom levels.

what publisher zoom levels are you taking the screenshots at?