You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Shape Line control (Outside, Center, Inside)

Hi,

it is critical in UI design that you can control how lines are drawn in shape to not overlap the size of your control. Right now, the application is always centered and doesn't offer any controls over it. It involve far too much manual steps to deal with it (basically resizing the shapes to a smaller size to fit inside the target size).

I know there is a stroke options in the Fx that allows you to do that but it doesn't do the job. Stroke only works if you already are drawing a line. If you remove the line or draw a line of 0px, Stroke doesn't work anymore. And it would be a workaround anyway.

It get worst when you have to tweak your design by changing line width. You have to manually resize every shapes to fit in the target size every time.

I didn't find this feature requested anywhere and/or in the roadmap. Hope I am wrong and it's already planed.

But this is a huge deal for any serious UI designer !

• Staff

Dams,

The feature roadmap published by TonyB states clearly that they will be adding more features to it as soon as they complete the ones already there. There's lot of requests in this forum and they are still completing and implementing a lot of new features during the beta so it's normal that not every single detail/functionality is listed there, even the basic ones. Just give Affinity team some time. I'm sure they are considering this...

• Staff

I just wanted to pop in and assure you that we are definitely aware of this and that it will be added as soon as I get chance! This will be after release though as there are usually ways to workaround this (with clipping) and it needs a good chunk of time allotted to it in order to make it work correctly and quickly, which I won't have until we release...

• 4 weeks later...

I just wanted to pop in and assure you that we are definitely aware of this and that it will be added as soon as I get chance! This will be after release though as there are usually ways to workaround this (with clipping) and it needs a good chunk of time allotted to it in order to make it work correctly and quickly, which I won't have until we release...

Hi Matt,

Is this still on the roadmap ? Because the App reached RC and it's still not there.

It's kind of a big deal for UI designers :-/