You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Fix the colour palette system

What I failed to mention is that your recently used colours appear above the swatches AND are saved with your document.

Of course, if you want to use the same colours in another document, you have to save them in an existing palette or your own custom palette. Then the above workaround of "No Colour" markers is handy. 

Don't forget to rename them (rt click), e.g. "Iris purple R:84 G:0 B:248" keeping the RGB or CMYK values for documentary purposes in case the colours have to be transferred to another app or file.

85908987_IrisPurplerename.png.edcbad73c7132e45bbdc6e9c25fef892.png

The problem in affinity designer color system is that I get CMYK, HSL and RGB color swatches under the same palette regardless the color mode I am working on, that is not very reliable when you need to print theses files on offset printers. The RGB e CMYK color palette should be never ever mixed. This is a major issue that needs to be fixed. Professional designers need a reliable color system, how can a software develop for a professional design work has this flaw?  

Don't get me wrong, I am not here to complain, I am here giving my honest feedback so this issue can be addressed. I've bought all affinity products even though I am still paying for my adobe subscription, and I've been using affinity much more than adobe. There are so many great things about affinity softwares I hope they keep evolving.

On 10/15/2020 at 5:57 AM, Carlos NZ said:

Don't get me wrong, I am not here to complain, I am here giving my honest feedback so this issue can be addressed. I've bought all affinity products even though I am still paying for my adobe subscription, and I've been using affinity much more than adobe. There are so many great things about affinity softwares I hope they keep evolving.

+1

Yet another thread where the problem is... significant lack of usability because no educated, real user experience designers were involved.

Until you see Serif trying to recruit one here: https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/careers/

... things will not get much better. Serif always focused on marketing and terms like "professional", "jaw dropping", "stunning". You know, strategies from last century.

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

• 4 months later...