You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

please, change the resize

I have posted this in the Beta but now here.

In the resize window, please, please, add another square so that one is obliged to tick a resize OR a resample option. Remove that non sense of default resample! It happens that the resample is by default ticked and this gives nightmare files if somebody wants just to resize the DPI for printing and by mistake forgets to un-tick that default.

Sizes, btw, that AP cannot handle, like my recent one that now AP refuses to export in PSD with continuous freezes, bog downs and nightmares!

If I am "resizing" a photo document, 99.9% of the time I want it to resample.  The DPI information stored in the file is something I generally consider meaningless so a resize of the file that merely adjusts that information is not something I would be likely to bother with using on any kind of frequent basis.

It would probably be more appropriate for the box to remember what was last used and default to that the next time.

Unless I am missing something, the default DPI of AP is 96 but any print of a certain quality must be done at 300 DPI and that can be  changed in the resize box. Makes sense to me that two check boxes would be appropriate.

can anybody tell me how they go with printing at quality levels?

4 hours ago, srg said:

default DPI of AP is 96 but any print of a certain quality must be done at 300 DPI

Just select the desired preset when creating the document.

screen.PNG

14 hours ago, srg said:

and by mistake forgets to un-tick that default.

but what if, by mistake, you forget to tick a box, or forget to change which box you tick? It's a bit difficult to always allow for what some people might forget to do! :/

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

2 hours ago, telemax said:

Just select the desired preset when creating the document.

This assumes that the document is being created from scratch.  This is Photo so in many cases I would expect the documents to start as imported photos, which does not give the opportunity to set the DPI at the time of document creation.

The DPI that matters though is the actual DPI when printing, not necessarily the value stored within the document.  If your photo is (made-up resolution alert) 4000x3000 pixels and the document claims to be 30dpi, but you print it in a 8"x6" area on the page, it is effectively printing at 500dpi.

OK, I got a solution to all these problemsif there are two un-ticked boxes that the operator must activate with a laborious tick, then all the problems are solved. I repeat: every person that uses AP at a certain point needs a better print resolution than 96 DPI so he needs to tick un-tick the box, as it stands now. If anybody needs to increase the size of a canvas then, in my two boxes proposal,  he has to do the laborious work of tickting a box. Unless of course I miss something. 

BTW,  weeks  ago I posted about a bug  in the beta forum about a problem with resizing and nobody even knew that the lighting filter got screwed up after a canvas was resized in the upper direction.