You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Download link for publisher?

• Staff

Sorry if you were not aware, but Serif sell the Affinity range as a license per operating system. If you own a license on Windows then you have to buy it again for use on macOS.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

As someone that has spent close to $200 on Affinity products including workbooks...F**k that.

I know it's not unheard but IMO I shouldn't have to pay again just to use the same piece of software on my laptop when I want to travel just because it's a different OS. 

I was quick to recommend Affinity products to friends and colleagues but that will no longer be the case.

13 hours ago, asapcat said:

I know it's not unheard but IMO I shouldn't have to pay again just to use the same piece of software on my laptop when I want to travel just because it's a different OS. 

It is not "the same piece of software."

Among other things, the core app for the Mac versions is a UNIX executable file that won't run on Windows. For the Windows version it is a Windows Executable File that won't run on the Mac OS. Each OS also requires different types of support files (like frameworks vs. DLLs).

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

On 6/26/2019 at 8:43 PM, asapcat said:

As someone that has spent close to $200 on Affinity products including workbooks...F**k that.

Which is still a very good price if you compare it to other available solutions. You could as well spend as little as $50 for the Windows version of Affinity Publisher and it would still be a pretty good deal.

This is the business model Serif chose. I have not seen any info by Serif recently where it wasn't absolutely clear that Affinity products for Mac and Affinity products for Windows are seperate purchases.

I was quick to recommend Affinity products to friends and colleagues but that will no longer be the case. 

What about those friends who only use one platform?