typotaurus

Scrollbars not appearing or disappearing after “Zoom to Fit”

The use of scrollbars seems buggy as they appear and disappear with using the “Zoom to Fit” command. Please see attached screen capture.

Specs:
MacBook Pro (15 Inch, 2018)
2,9 GHz Intel Core i9
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 560X 4096 MB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Hi,

I'm struggling to see this on Mojave, can you clarify what MacOS you are on?

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Posted (edited)

Ah, sorry forgot to add that. It’s Mojave 10.14.5. I have an EIZO screen connected to a MacBook Pro via HDMI. The screen capture is from the big screen.

Edited by typotaurus

So i'm unable to reproduce exactly what's in your video, zoom to fit/width always shows the scrollbar after use, however if I zoom out slightly i can get it in a position where the first page is off screen, which means the scrollbar should be visible, but isn't.

I'll log this, although I did find if in your example you add another 2 pages it should function as expected?

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

This is an issue that plagues all 3 apps. "Zoom to Fit" and then use the mouse scroll wheel to move the canvas out of the viewport. No scrollbars (screenshot shows an example with Photos: note the scrollbar areas are empty even the canvas is clipped off 50%). This is less problematic with an Apple Mouse, but it's a real annoying time eater when dealing with a more traditional mouse. In my system settings I have "Show Scrollbars: Always" configured.

Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 11.52.07 PM.png

3D and 2D hobby(art)ist. You can follow me on Twitter: @binaryriot or Instagram: binaryriot