You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Please add Libre Office files for opening in Publisher

• 2 years later...

As a workaround: LibreOffice can save in DOCX file format. So, the original ODT file can easily be converted to DOCX (in theory, without losing much of its features, being both totally or partly compatible with the ODF specifications).

Paolo

41 minutes ago, PaoloT said:

As a workaround: LibreOffice can save in DOCX file format.

That's what I do. The format I use to Save from LibreOffice is called Office Open XML (.docx) format (or something like that; I'm away from the computer).

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I'd agree that it's quite easy to save .docx files from LibreOffice, but, it would be better if APub could open .odt files directly. I normally save to .odt from LO Writer and it would be quicker not to have to open in Writer then save as .docx when I want to open them in APub. This is by no means an urgent request (there are many more important improvements needed,) but it would be handy at some point. 🙂

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

Thank you for the help.
I tried saving with docx and it definetly is a functional workaround, but it is not very practical for me. I guess I just will stick with the formatting options of Libre Offices Master documents and ask the support directly if they plan to implement that feature.

Edited by Stoerfaktor