You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Update in Mac app store (desktop) don't work

I have bought Photo and Designer from the Mac App store (desktop). They are both shown in app store update section. Bur when i start the update the icon starts spinning and then goes back to 'update' button. This happens with both photo and designer.

2. Can I 'move' my photo an designer to the affinity shop?

• Staff

HI Tikklgb,

Welcome to the forums :)

Unfortunately we don't have any control over the Mac App Store I recommend contacting the Mac App Store Support Team regarding this as they should be able to help you further. There is no way to transfer a licence from App Store to Affinity Store I'm afraid.

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• Staff
5 minutes ago, Elf said:

I'm having a similar problem. I purchased Affinity  Photo in 2017 and purchased Publisher on June 18th 2019 and it says I need to purchase what I already have.

I can only recommend what I already have above I'm afraid. I would also double check you are logged into the Mac App Store with the Apple ID you used to purchase the app.

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Hi @Tikklgb

Have you rebooted the Mac, this can often fix problems with the App Store

Hi @Elf Have you moved your Apps from their original App Store download location? They need to be in the Root of the Applications folder. They also need to be there for Studio Link to work. If you have moved them and you need to keep them in the new locations the App Store will think you need to buy again, the way around this is to go to your purchases tab and make sure you are signed in with your original Apple ID that you purchased the apps with. You can download from the Purchase tab.