You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher-Rearrange pages without dragging?

There may be a better way, but have you tried simply cutting the content of page 57, deleting the empty page, inserting a new page before page 2 and pasting the copied content onto it?

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

2 minutes ago, Alfred said:

There may be a better way, but have you tried simply cutting the content of page 57, deleting the empty page, inserting a new page before page 2 and pasting the copied content onto it?

No.... ok tried it, and that's not too bad of a workaround. But rather clunky. :)

Dragging pages that requires scrolling seems to be buggy.... like I drag a page all the way so it scrolls to page 1 and then the page doesn't actually move. I guess I should put that in the bug forum.

Seems you can't just copy/paste pages either.

Thanks for the workaround though, that'll work in the meantime!!!

If you expand the Pages panel to fill the whole screen it will list the pages as a grid (rather than a single column). On my modest screen I can view ~130 pages with medium size thumbnails.

That should make all but the biggest moves doable without scrolling.

Unfortunately there seems to be a bug: if you switch to small page thumbnails they are always shown as a list, even if the panel is wide enough to show multiple columns.

Reported here…

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

15 hours ago, Barbasol said:

Dragging pages that requires scrolling seems to be buggy.... like I drag a page all the way so it scrolls to page 1 and then the page doesn't actually move. I guess I should put that in the bug forum.

For me this does work. For example, I have been testing with the 398 page BBEdit User Manual PDF converted into an .afpub document. I just successfully dragged page 119 to the page 1 position. The Pages panel was set to use medium icons with the narrowest width so the scroll distance was quite long. It took forever to scroll all the way back to the page 1 position, so it isn't very efficient, but it did work.

I noticed that the scroll speed was very sensitive to where in the Pages section I positioned the drag -- I got the fastest scroll up speed when the pointer was just below the Pages header, a little to the right of the "Pages" header text. Same thing for moving a page down -- the fastest scroll speed is just above the page navigator footer & to the right or left of the page icons. Dragging too far up or down stopped the scroll & to start scrolling again, I had to drag away from the header or footer & then back up or down to the 'sweet spot' just below or above it. This made it quite difficult to move the page in one smooth operation.

Also, a vertical blue bar appears to the left or right of the original page when the pointer is properly positioned to drop the moved page to before or after the original page, or between the pages of a 2 page spread. It can be difficult to see it because the moved page 'ghost' icon obscures it.

Anyway, all things considered, expanding the width of the Pages panel as @Aammppaa suggested seems to be the best way to use drag & drop to move a page, but it would be better if there was an alternate way to do the move.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 2 years later...

Hello,

It's quite time-consuming having to expand the pages panel, rearrange all the pages by dragging and resize the panel again, when a simple cut-paste would be enough!

Please consider implement it! Even Powerpoint does it!!

• 9 months later...