You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Add a visual separation between paragraph and character styles

Please, add a visual separation between paragraph and character styles on the studio panel. Maybe a separation line, a blank bar, a blank space or a segmented scroll/window. The ¶ and a symbols are very subtle for a quick look at the panel. I think is easy to implement and is a silly but useful aid to identify styles.

When you have a long list of styles is hard to detect where one end and another star while scrolling. Add this to the "Daniel asking silly things" bucket. O.o

I agree that some sort of optional separation would be an improvement. It may be that a line and a little space is all that is required.

As something of a workaround for the current situation, you can create a dummy character style with the name of "____________________" (underscores, or hyphens alternatively), and it will go just below [No Style].

1917752201_ScreenShot2019-06-25at1_19_25PM.thumb.png.3713cf505042306af30f49d543628675.png

Won't work if I have a Character style based on Page Numbers, that will go under Page Numbers' Paragraph Style unless I don't use Sort Hierarchical.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

2 different panels would be easier, it's a pain to search for a character style while apllying paragraph style at the same moment: you scroll down until you find it, and can't remember which or where is the Paragraph or sub-paragraph style you need for the next frame…

It's difficult without folder for grouping styles, but character and paragraph styles together doesn't help too.

5 minutes ago, Wosven said:

2 different panels would be easier, it's a pain to search for a character style while apllying paragraph style at the same moment: you scroll down until you find it, and can't remember which or where is the Paragraph or sub-paragraph style you need for the next frame…

It's difficult without folder for grouping styles, but character and paragraph styles together doesn't help too.

I support this option. Two panels would be much better and much more friendly for complex documents with lot of styles.

I'm on the fence aboutntwo panels -- that's how InDesign does it and it annoys me massively to constantly switch between the two. Having two panels or a horizontal divider would take away some of the flexibility (I really enjoy "stacking" my diffrent styles in groups).