You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Vertical Centering Tool

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

In terms of aligning textblocks when designing labels (which is my use for AffDes), being able to align the text to the bottom or center of the Text Frame instead of the only the top is critical. Now I have to do it visually ... sorry, that is 20th Century! I'm happy to hear it will come with AP, but would love to have it pushed out earlier if possible (tomorrow would not be too soon :-).

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I'd like to ask for such a feature too, although it's understandable that it's not implemented. I use the text area tool like a <p> or <span> element where I can set a line height to center the text vertically. Right now I'm doing this by chaning the baseline. 

post-28659-0-62393500-1469183636_thumb.png

• 2 months later...

As Dave Harris said in the second post, it will be probably integrated in Affinity Publisher and only then pushed to Affinity Designer.

Hi MEB. I'm looking forward to the possibility of vertically aligning text in a frame. In fact, I miss this feature quite a bit. As for your answer above: I haven't found any mention or roadmap for Affinity Publisher in the news section of the forum. Is a Publisher app from Affinity still planned? If yes, when? Anyway, I hope that a vertical text alignment feature will soon make it into Affinity Designer.

(BTW Thanks for all the great improvements of version 1.5!) 

• Staff

Hi cosinus,

There's no roadmap available for Publisher because it wasn't released yet (it's not even available as a Public Beta).

Yes, we do intend to launch Affinity Publisher and made it available as a Public Beta before that but we are still a few months away from this. The dev team has been quite busy with Designer and Photo improvements/bug fixes.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh no, it's not coming for a while?  I just spent far too long struggling to find this feature. Wow.
There are so many complex and strange alignment options, but the only one I use every day is missing in Affinity.  

What do people suggest as a workaround? Is there an accurate way to position with snapping or similar?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...