You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Convert vector brushstroke to curves?

Hi,

this may be easy, but I can't find out how to do it.

I made a checkmark with the pen tool.
I used an acrylic vector brush for the stroke.

How can I convert this to curves (an object, a closed curve) now, that can be exported as SVG in vectors?
If I export now, I get a lowres raster representation of the brush.
Tried "Expand Stroke" multiple times, but it does not seem to do anything?

• Staff

Hi LostInTranslation,
The most likely reason is that the vector brush is using a raster texture to draw/render the stroke, so it's not really a pure vector brush and as such cannot be converted to vector (curves). Go the the Brushes panel, select the vector brush in question and click the small icon on the right of the brushes section dropdown. If there's a texture on the bottom of that dialog then it's using a raster texture. Compare it with a brush from the Basic section and you should see there's no raster brush on bottom when no texture is used.

Currently the vector brush engine in Designer is more limited than the raster brush engine used in Pixel Persona or Affinity Photo. We hope to improve/expand it the future to also include the ability to work with pure vector brushes generated from vector objects/shapes.