You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi hgd,

Welcome to the forums :)

This isn't an error I've seen before, could you please try removing the app from your Mac by sending the app to the trash, then emptying the trash. Now visit the below link and download a fresh version of the .dmg and try installing this again!

https://store.serif.com/update/macos/publisher/1/

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Thanks for that, I can see in your original screenshot that your Admin account has 'Read-only' access to this app, not read & write.

Can you please open System Preferences>Security & Privacy and make sure that 'Allow apps downloaded from' is set to 'App Store and identified developers'

Now return to System Preferences>Users & Groups and make sure your Admin account has Read and Write access (this can also be set in the Get Info panel as shown in your screenshot).

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

I'm sorry to see this, I've done a cursory Google search and it appears as though this is happening as the app doesn't have executable permissions.

Although the following is third party advice and isn't something I've tested personally, would you be willing to try the terminal commands given at the following links?

https://superuser.com/questions/1345755/how-to-fix-the-application-cant-be-opened-on-mac

https://www.lifewire.com/can-i-fix-application-thats-not-starting-2260192

Please note -

Many thanks!

Hi Dan, thank you for your support. But i’m a worker on building site’s, not an administrator.

My other apps from Affinity, Designer and Photo, i ordered in the Mac App Store and they run. 

I use them for an honorary office. Publisher was the next wish for this job.

i hope now that Serif will send me the money back. 

I also have the apps on my iPad Pro and i will wait for the Publisher iPad app.

Thank you and best regards

• Staff

I'm sorry to hear this, but I do understand. Please email affinityreturns@serif.com with your order number and one of our team can action this for you.

Please note -

Many thanks!