You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Try selecting all layers in the Layers panel (all at once), copying them then File > New From Clipboard and if that works, try to save that new file locally

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• Staff

Sorry this is happening. We have not seen this much in Designer documents before, but have a hunch. We think that most likely only one layer will be problematic.

You could

• Create a new document the same size as your first
  • Copy and paste top level layers from one document into another.
  • With each pasted layer try to save the new document
  • At some point you should find one layer that (once pasted) will stop the new document from saving.
  • Remove that problem layer from the new document and confirm it goes back to succesfully saving.
  • Then copy all other remaining layers over to the new document and try saving again with the problem layer missing from the new document.

If it turns out that only one layer was a corrupt, then recreate that layer in the new document. Please report back if this helped and what the layer was.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

@Sean P & @Jon P please take note of this potential problem and work around.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon