You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am used to using page numbers on the master page. The problem I cannot get the page numbers to be on top of graphics. In InDesign, you create a separate layer on the master page for the page number to remain on top. How do you keep master pages number above the page level artwork?

Macbook Pro 13 (Mid 2010) - Web Designer

Easiest to explain is to just move the artwork to the back; Layer > Arrange > Move to Back. Or move the Master Page to the front; Layer > Arrange > Move to Front.

If you are dealing with dozens (or hundreds) of images/artwork which are the same size then you may find it easier to use a Picture Frame on the Master page which is at the back already.

Would be nice if there was some way of making the Master Page remain at the top or bottom.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

That does not work because if I move the master page to the back the page artwork covers the page numbers. If I move the master page to the front the master page artwork covers the page artwork. The only thing that needs to always be on top is the page numbers.

Macbook Pro 13 (Mid 2010) - Web Designer

Make a Master Page called Page-Numbers with nothing but the numbers on it and put that at the top. You would only need to apply this one to pages with the big artwork so maybe you would like to have the page numbers on the other master page too, up to you.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.