You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crashed open a publisher file

• Staff

It might be one of the more recent ones you added, so you could just upload them, but I suspect one of the images might be the cause (this is similar to the other thread you posted in), so if you figure out which one it is let us know, or let me know if you have uploaded some and i'll see if I can reproduce it.

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Yes! I renamed the folder with images and try open the publisher file again. Now opens, some latest images causes the crash. 

After deleted the images references, restore the previous name folder, save and open again the publisher file, no problems now!

I suspect that the problem is working with onedrive, because all files are into onedrive synced folder!

• Staff

That lines with my suspicions and I'll gather more info from other threads and be looking around that area to see if I can reproduce it for the developers.

Just to confirm, you re linked every single image, so there was no problem image as such?

I´m renamed the folder that have all images linkeds. Open the publisher file, it´s alert about image resources. I'm ignored it and the file opens ok!

Then I saved a copy into my desktop, renamed the folder with the previous name and open the publisher file again, now the linked files are restored! That´s work.

I think that problem is hard to reproduce, but can be caused while the onedrive is syncing a image and you place it into document at same time, or place into document while the document instead are syncing!

If I can reproduce step by step, I will post again!

Thanks

• Staff

I think that problem is hard to reproduce, but can be caused while the onedrive is syncing a image and you place it into document at same time, or place into document while the document instead are syncing!

This lines up with what I'm seeing so far from other uses with this file and my own thoughts of what could be happening, still trying to reproduce it!

Can you go to %appdata%\Affinity\Publisher\1.0\CrashReports and attach the most recent crash reports if they exist?

Thanks