You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher Crashes when opening file

• 6 months later...

Hi my name is Chris

I have been using affinity publisher to make a report for my university project. I had working on this until bout 6pm and saved the document. When I opened the document back up it immediately began to crash and now I have the document file but can't access this. I have been reading previous posts related to breaking image links and I don't know if I may have done this? After I the last time I saved the document, I had to re-scan an image and I'm unsure if I have saved the new image with a file name which was linked to another image within the document and publisher is having trouble finding the image and therefore crashing. I would really appreciate the help as the report has to be in asap. New Stage 1 ReportFolio.afpub

Hey, also having similar issues, but I have no images in my file anywhere. I sent to a friend with Publisher on Mac. It also crashed for him, but it gave him an error report. He tried to decipher and said it looks like some sort of glyph may be causing it. I can't see any errors. It simply crashes immediately upon opening, and I have weeks and weeks of work in here.

Just starting over from my most recent backup, but still, that caused me to lose two chapters of layout/editing as well as a few of the edits the author needed to go back and make in other areas. The going back is what really slows me down, since fixes are in random spots, but luckily, I also edit novels in Microsoft word to export Kindle versions and can at least copy/paste anything from where this file picks up forward and just redo formatting.

Font used is Roboto Light (I've used in many, many books and never had a crash). Between the crashed file and my backup, she did have me add Garamond (regular, not Adobe) for journal entries in the book. That's the only thing I could think of that perhaps Publisher does not like.

I uploaded the corrupted file for reference.

Sarah Book Interior.afpub

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow it seems that this problem is an old one. I have this problem with the latest version of Affinity Publisher 1.9.2.1035. Opening a file with linked Affinty Photo Files crashes Publisher, when I rename the folder of the source files Publisher opens the file. 

Any news on this? 

Thank you

Erwin 

8 minutes ago, ekweb said:

Wow it seems that this problem is an old one. I have this problem with the latest version of Affinity Publisher 1.9.2.1035. Opening a file with linked Affinty Photo Files crashes Publisher, when I rename the folder of the source files Publisher opens the file. 

Any news on this? 

Thank you

Erwin 

Just tried out to open Publisher as Admin ... and now I can open my document, no ressources missing. Why???

Erwin