You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Drag and drop is not working in batch processing

I'm using Affinity Photo 1.7.1 and I'm trying to do drag and drop into the panels that are processing multiple files: Panorama, Stack, HDR Merge, Focus Merge, Batch Job.

The drag and drop action fails to show the files in the destination panel.

I didn't realize that this is not supported; the visual indicator for drag and drop does not use a "not possible" icon when trying to drop into these pannels. It is kind of strange, that this drag and drop is not supported as it is very easy to implement and considering that today's year is 2019.

From a requirements standpoint, having missing this one is considered a strong dissatisfier (you might want to forward this to your product managers), as it is expected to be there, more like one would expect to have a washroom in a hotel room...

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It might not be a feature in the product, and last century, you could argue that's not an important feature, but this is one of those that everybody expects now to have, like expecting to have a washroom in the hotel room...

The same goes for the save as problem that many people are complaining about and being ignored by Serif.

• 1 year later...

I was so disappointed by the responses from Serif in this theme, and even more so when I purchased Affinity 2 only to find that they had made no effort to include the drag and drop feature in the new version. The poor workflow of having to go off into Explorer to find files to load, rather than to just drag and drop into a dialogue window must surely have been something to be addressed by the programmers. And to get a response such as "Hi - sorry this just is not a feature of the app. The developers are aware and so this is currently as deisgned [sic}" shows such an utter contempt for your customers that it scarcely can be believed. If you can program something as complex as this suite of programs, then you must be capable of coding in the drag and drop routine (indeed you make much of being able to do so into a frame in Publisher in one of your videos). So come on, let's have a bit of care for your customers, and not the crass programmer's response which seems to equate to 'I didn't do it because I didn't do it, and who cares about the customers anyway! I recall an earlier suggestion I made about drag and drop in one of the Serif suite programmes, and receiving the same dismissive response 'literally why would anybody want to do that'.