You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Af Publisher - Red Overlay in Print preview

Windows 10 with the purchased affinity product. 

Attached screen shot shows what I see.  Now then, the image prints out as expected, the image on screen displays as expected and this red overlay is absolutely no probelem at all.  However, since it has been with me for a number of days I was wondering if this is a bug.  The image you now see is only half of a complete A4 spread image so what is strange is that although pages 28 and 29 are ONE image you are only seeing page 29, the other half of this image does not have this red overlay in the preview.  Mystery for me, anybody have any ideas.

Capture.JPG.7390a91d4771d263e6eef639394dbd7d.JPG

Microsoft - Like entering your home and opening the stainless steel kitchen door, with a Popup: 'Do you really want to open this door'? Then looking for the dishwasher and finding it stored in the living room where you have to download a water supply from the app store, then you have to buy microsoft compliant soap, remove the carpet only to be told that it is glued to the floor.. Don't forget to make multiple copies of your front door key and post them to all who demand access to all the doors inside your home including the windows and outside shed.

Apple - Like entering your home and opening the oak framed Kitchen door and finding the dishwasher right in front you ready to be switched on, soap supplied, and water that comes through a water softener.  Ah the front door key is yours and it only needs to open the front door.

On 6/25/2019 at 1:18 PM, Chris26 said:

The image you now see is only half of a complete A4 spread image so what is strange is that although pages 28 and 29 are ONE image you are only seeing page 29

So the printed content exceeds the red area?

I see a red rectangle in macOS if the print object is larger than the paper format. It is a warning in case of a size issue. – For instance:
To print an A4 document on A4 paper with bleed I must scale the print size to avoid the red rectangle (and maybe a cropped print):

1264983941_printredrectangle1bleedoff.jpg.220e2d828ece8a1831c87cc428323a32.jpg

832897268_printredrectangle2bleedon.jpg.6ae97ef36b17530c0bd96e8f6952d0f9.jpg

1777043137_printredrectangle3scale100.jpg.6dda3a144f520c7ab421bdb7db6e1f7f.jpg

808972115_printredrectangle4scale95.jpg.ba265d1947928e33b7b39e1d137d39c9.jpg

1305047420_printredrectangle3scalefitorshrink.jpg.648411f656b54dd7a23fba8e8dcf6a7c.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Oh Ky thankyou

4 hours ago, Callum said:

Hi Chris26,

Welcome to the forums :)

This is a known bug and is logged with our developers to be fixed!

Thanks

C

Oh Kay, thankyou.

Microsoft - Like entering your home and opening the stainless steel kitchen door, with a Popup: 'Do you really want to open this door'? Then looking for the dishwasher and finding it stored in the living room where you have to download a water supply from the app store, then you have to buy microsoft compliant soap, remove the carpet only to be told that it is glued to the floor.. Don't forget to make multiple copies of your front door key and post them to all who demand access to all the doors inside your home including the windows and outside shed.

Apple - Like entering your home and opening the oak framed Kitchen door and finding the dishwasher right in front you ready to be switched on, soap supplied, and water that comes through a water softener.  Ah the front door key is yours and it only needs to open the front door.

Thomas

2 hours ago, thomaso said:

I see a red rectangle in macOS if the print object is larger than the paper format. It is a warning in case of a size issue. – For instance:
To print an A4 document on A4 paper with bleed I must scale the print size to avoid the red rectangle (and maybe a cropped print):

yes you are right  I am familiar with this.  But I only showed half of the A5 landscape, it is a bug as Callum says.  My page and print all line up, since I have about 40 spreads in this document.

• 5 months later...
  • Staff

We have made fixes/improvements to this area (Print dialog isn't removing the red overlay on a scaled image) of the program in the latest beta release of Affinity Photo & Affinity Designer on Windows. If you would like to try these changes the beta software is available in the forum posts listed below. Once Affinity Publisher has been through a full beta process the change will be released in a future free 1.8.0 update to all customers.

The 1.8.0 beta builds are in links at the top of these beta forum posts

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon