You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Studio windows in different positions

This is happening on every instance,  I load up and have to rearrange windows before I can start work.

using the latest version 1.7.1.404,  running win10 x64 home,  this worked in the past and I'm running no unusual hardware.  I checked conflicting programs..  

please let us have a snapshot function.  this would solve so many issues.

It would be really handy if it was possible to save the panel positions. The settings are obviously stored somewhere, so surely it can't be that difficult to enable saving them.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

Thanks Chris,  the panels have minds of their own it seems,  I've found it's a lot more than just not remembering positions,  they restore to unpredictable sizes,  and when you attempt to move them they will snap to a another unpredictable size,  sometimes the height of the panels stretches out to twice the height of my monitor for a super long window that I have to adjust from the top down a couple times before its borders are all back on a single height monitor.  If the panels have multiple groups like you see in my pic then changes made to one doesn't affect the other and when you straighten the second one out the first one reverts back to being wrong again.  it's completely maddening.

please urge a simple snapshot feature or a way of saving each window position manually by way of screen coordinates.  i.e.  Swatches restores to 1920x0 and it's dimensions are 377 x 444 (for example).  I hope this will get prioritized or that there will be a quick patch for this.

I'm going to attempt a "restore window positions" script today using AutoIt.  I hope it works because I just can't be restoring my layout on every single instance. 

• Staff

I'm pretty sure what you've described here should be fixed in the next beta @M911. Please keep your eyes peeled in the beta forum. As you're being affected by this I'd certainly appreciate you installing it.

@PaulEC - this has been a feature request from the very beginning of development for the apps. 

1 hour ago, Chris B said:

this has been a feature request from the very beginning of development for the apps.

I know it has! Just thought I'd mention it again! ;)

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

the panels don't obey my scripting commands  :/  in autoit or ahk...  possibly I'm not a good enough script writer...  I'll do my best to not convey my frustration again...  perhaps I just failed at that too.  this is just not the way you guys are supposed to be 'killin it'.  

• Staff
On 6/28/2019 at 3:22 AM, M911 said:

the panels don't obey my scripting commands  :/  in autoit or ahk...  possibly I'm not a good enough script writer...  I'll do my best to not convey my frustration again...  perhaps I just failed at that too.  this is just not the way you guys are supposed to be 'killin it'.  

Have you tried the latest customer beta to see if that fixes your issue? Be aware that it is a beta build though...