You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

UI Bug with tab key

Launch Af Pub and select an object (create it if necessary), then go to the "transform" window

triple click on the mesure into the "X:" box... then use the tab key to switch to other strings on the window... every thing works....

now use shift+ tab to switch in reverse order... now it only works from the "R:" and "S:" box, it doesn't work from the 4 other boxes.

BTW I think it's really a bad idea to use the TAB key by default to switch on/off the UI

Shift-Tab Key work for me like a charm through all entries within the transform panel.
Its contour color is just not a brilliant color. Especially in dark UI mode it is almost invisible.
1981032447_paneltabkeydarkhilitecolor.jpg.dd619c6635a1353538305907b862d48e.jpg

Also, I'd appreciate a different running order. to get both X & Y and W & H accessible with 1 tab only instead the need of 2 tabs.

You may alter the shortcut key according to your desires in the application preferences.
If you activate any panel item with a click before you use the tab key then it prevents unwanted UI toggle and jumps between panel items as expected.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Tested on 3 different machines (macbook pro 2009/elcapitan, mac mini 2011/Mojave, mac mini 2014 Mojave) and same comportment, tab works like a charm and shift tab only works from "R:" and "S:", then it stuck. For me the order seems ok : one tab to go from X to Y and One tab to go from W: to H:

About the tab key and global UI, I perfectly know what you write, but choosing this key by Default is not a good idea IMHO.

That is weird.
My tab order is horizontal first, then vertical at line end:

X > W >
Y > H > icon >
R > S (> X ...)
and works like that in both directions.

Both in English and German app and/or keyboard languages.
I do recall the tab order and the shift-use was the same to me in since previous betas.
Also I can't think macOS initiates that difference, especially since that behaviour is for you in 10.9. and 10.14 identical.

Do you still have the .dmg of your AfPub installer?
I had read in the forum about version 404 in posts after final release – whereas my filename is "affinity-publisher-1.7.1.408.dmg".

It would be nice to hear how the tab order and shift-tab work for @Old Bruce in transform panel.
(As far I remember from a beta he had an UI difference in Canada vs. me in German, and he could compare 10.12. and 10.14.)

for me the tab order is : X Y W H R S without icon... I also tested in german, english and french : same behaviour...

I just checked, my installer file is .408. (it seems .404 is final windows version while .408 is final macOS version, both from A Store)

just wondering, could it be some confusions between some files from the beta versions ? (from the program)

Would be interesting to have some feedback from the Dev Team...

If I have some time, i'll try to have a running 10.12 to make some tests...

PS : El Capitan is 10.11 :15_yum:

1 hour ago, joel_ec said:

just wondering, could it be some confusions between some files from the beta versions ? (from the program)

Not for me: I haven't copied any preference file from the beta folders. (I only exported/imported palettes and assets.)

[ Oh, I always forgot their values 1263343457_Bildschirmfoto2019-06-26um14_22_10.jpg.755a53bf4da8f98a5cedc6e91d0de916.jpg ... specially if distinguished by additions: wasn't their even "Snow Lion Mountain High" ? ]

8 hours ago, thomaso said:

That is weird.
My tab order is horizontal first, then vertical at line end:

X > W >
Y > H > icon >
R > S (> X ...)
and works like that in both directions.

The following is from both OSes 10.12 &10.14

I get 

x>y >

w>h >

r>s   and on to x again.

I do not get the 'icon'  and in Reverse order I can only go from s>r>h and I am stuck there in h.

in my System Preferences I have English Canada and nothing else set for secondary. In Publisher I have set English (Canada) or in the General section I have it set to Default because there is no English (Canada) choice there. Oddly I also have Unkown (en-GB) when I first start after a Clear User Data. This is in the other sections of Preferences aside from General.

2045157070_ScreenShot2019-06-26at9_27_43AM.png.26a09de486b5bb3ab4d0ea4935341eef.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

50 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

The following is from both OSes 10.12 &10.14

I get 

x>y >

w>h >

r>s   and on to x again.

I do not get the 'icon'  and in Reverse order I can only go from s>r>h and I am stuck there in h.

ok so we do have the exact same behaviour ;)

Thank you Old Bruce! – Hm, since the behavior of tabbing between fields is

... the same in macOS 10.11. and 10.14.
... but different on 2 macs with 10.12.

I wonder even more what does influence the tabbing behavior difference between computers. Hopefully the Serif Affinity team can shed some light on this.

In this screencast (10.12.6 macBookPro 8,2) the reverse (shift-)tabbing starts at 0:25 min.
I can't see the icon get highlighted any more but, strange, between H and R is a break, i was looking for the highlight and had to tab twice for that step (in both directions).

• 9 months later...
  • Staff

Sorry.

Thank you for reporting a problem using 1.7.x . It appears that a member of the Affinity QA team didn't get round to fully investigating this specific report posted in the bugs forums. We are very sorry for this oversight. Yours is one of a number of reports that I am posting this apology to, using an automated script.

Now we have released 1.8.3 on all platforms containing many hundreds of bug fixes, and we hope your problem has already been fully addressed. If you still have this problem in the 1.8.3 release build, then the QA team would really appreciate you reporting again it in the relevant Bugs forum.

Each of those links above contains instructions how best to report a bug to us. If that is what you already did in this thread just copy paste your original report into a new thread. We appreciate all the information that you have including sample files and screen shots to help us replicate your problem.

This thread has now been locked as the QA team are not following the threads to which this automatic reply is made, which is why we would appreciate a new bug report if you are still have this problem in the current 1.8.3 release build.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon