I have some trouble with tables in Publisher. whenever I import a bunch of cells from Excel to Publisher (with the exact same amount of rows and columns) it add a row and a column to the table every time. This has been in the Beta as well. Is there some kind of fix for this? I want to create a file with lots of pages of tables, and this kind of bug really makes it very annoying, particularly as when I delete the column, the table resizes to previous width, instead of keeping the columns as they are. 

I would like to have the ability to turn of these kinds of "automations"

Hi postmadesign,

I've nudged the report I made for you during the beta for this.

I've had a quick look and can't see any easy way to work around this for now without editing what is pasted in afterwards, apologies.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Thanks for your reply Jon!

another issue I see is with formatting. I have a table where some lines of text are bold, some are regular. When I select the cells and paste without formatting (which I would usually do from excel) it only takes the formatting of the upper left cel for the complete table. In InDesign, it keeps the formatting for each specific cel, so I guess this should be the case for Publisher too?

I just want to reiterate that I love publisher, but it seems tables are not quite there yet in terms of stability and workflow, so I hope to see improvements in this area.