You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer 1.7 - embedding images

Hi,

since the last update I have some problems with embeding images to my project.

On Affinity Designer 1.6 when I dragged and image from MacOS Finder directly to my artboard, the image was embedded. I could delete it from my hard drive and it was still available in the document. I liked this feature a lot. 

Now when I do that, images are on default linked, which means that whenever I delete the file from my computer, it's no longer available in my project file. Could you please tell me how to change it?

• Staff

Hi ziemo :)

Affinity Designers default policy is to Embed files, it doesn't have the option - nor should it by default - link files.

I've created a new file on my PC and Mac, drag and dropped a PNG file to place it, saved the document and closed it, then deleted the PNG. Upon reopening the .afdesign file the Image is still there, and embedded as an (Image) layer. I confirmed this by opening the Designer file in Publisher and checking in the resource manager, where the image is reported as embedded.

Can you please create a new file and try this? When reopening a document where you have deleted the embedded image, what do you see? A low quality version of the image, or no image at all?

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi PixelPest :)

Could you please create a new thread in the bugs section so our QA team can investigate this? Thanks in advance!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!