You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

There isn't a Stroke panel in Photo.

But you can use "Outline" in the FX panel for a similar effect.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

29 minutes ago, Scott Williams said:

Yes you can but is is a layer effect. If you use stroke then you can use outline in the the layer effects to have an outline outside of the stroke.

True. I did just say it was "similar", not the same. ;)

I'm afraid, if you want a true "stroke" you'll just have to get AD!
AP is basically a photo editor and not really intended for fancy text effects etc.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

1 minute ago, PaulEC said:

I'm afraid, if you want a true "stroke" you'll just have to get AD!

Not so, Paul! As Miguel has pointed out, the Pen Tool in APh gives you access to the stroke width control. :)

52 minutes ago, MEB said:

Affinity Photo doesn't have a stroke panel (only Designer). To change the width of the stroke either go to the Character panel as PixelPest suggested or with the text selected switch to the Shape or Pen Tools for example and adjust the width from the context toolbar popup.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

31 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Not so, Paul! As Miguel has pointed out, the Pen Tool in APh gives you access to the stroke width control

You're so right, I missed that! - So, I wonder why Serif don't just put a Stroke panel in AP and make it simpler to add a stroke. (Although, I'm still not convinced that it's really needed in AP as well as AD/APub) B|

Thanks for the answers guys. I still think it's a bit crap.

Just put the stroke colour and control next to the font colour. It's not a big ask and it will stop people having to look for it. These types of quirky and awkward designs decisions can be really annoying and put people off.