You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Webweaver next project?

Thank you for making 3 fantastic products, i bought all ofcourse. You put the cost low enough it makes sense even for average people to get into high end desktop publishing, photo editing, vector graphics etc, and i salute you for that. But are you going to stop here? There is more territory to conquer.

So how about a web designer app? I used to use dreamweaver, and i used dreamweaver 8 all the way up to aprox a year ago. I can point you to a few new visual webdesigner apps already doing a great job: mobirise, openelement etc. But looking at what you have already made, i bet you can do this even better, and make it easy to set up more advanced websites. There is no green icon in your app collection, and it should be doable to make an app similar to affinity publisher, but for web. Building websites using elements/"blocks" are the new thing, ive looked at bootstrap studio but so far no need to buy it, and if affinity makes an app id rather buy yet another from you.

So i throw the suggestion out there.

• 1 month later...

Tbh Affinity Designer already has figma-like features, such as Constraints and Symbols. The guide feature is also quite advanced so you can build a healthy grid without much hassle. I don't see any point in making something that would add 10-20% on top of what we already have with affinity.

A lot of people I know are calling for an After Effects alternative though, though that would probably come after 2.x, maybe 3.x even, as After Effects is a beast to compete with.

Mădălin Vlad
Graphic Designer

23 minutes ago, mvlad said:

Tbh Affinity Designer already has figma-like features, such as Constraints and Symbols. The guide feature is also quite advanced so you can build a healthy grid without much hassle. I don't see any point in making something that would add 10-20% on top of what we already have with affinity.

What AD doesn’t do, of course, is to generate HTML and/or CSS. And it would have to be responsive, or at least adaptive, for today’s market.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

31 minutes ago, ashf said:

As WebPlus/MoviePlus wasn't so successful and there are many better options out there, Serif should stick to graphic design category for now I think.

WebPlus and MoviePlus were both hugely successful in their day but development essentially stalled after their lead developers moved on to other things, so WebPlus only creates fixed layouts and MoviePlus can’t cope with anything bigger than 2K.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)