You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Creating Duo-tones that Correctly Separate

How does one go about creating duo-tone images in the Affinity Suite apps such that the two spot colors used will separate correctly onto the spot color printing plates?

I can't find a way to do this, and though i can simulate a duo-tone effect with adjustment layers and effects, the final result always separates out as CMYK.

• 1 month later...
On 6/24/2019 at 3:59 PM, MikeW said:

There isn't duotone support. 

I brought this up quite emphatically early on, and am a bit surprised it hasn't been implemented yet. Will it ever be? I was hoping this could replace PS for prepress work, but I'm forced to hang on to Adobe. I would get the new publishing program as well, but not until I can create proper ink channels.

@silvergelatin

Yeah. I hold out hope that this will get sorted out before the next official release, but Serif have not published a roadmap of features to be built and so it's uncertain.

It would also be nice if they would build in a pre-press studio panel that could preview color plate separations so that we wouldn't have to pay for Acrobat Pro to run prepress checks.

• 5 months later...