You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I cannot find out to have my numbered list keeping the tab stop after a (auto) linebreak. I'm feeling really lost not being able to achieve such a simple task. Can anyone help?

I am so happy to have an alternative to Adobe. Therefore I am eager to use/learn Affinity products. My suggestions to make things better:

• Divide the forum into the three main products - it is simply not possible to search for the above mentioned problem since it comes all mixed up thought the apps.
  • The built in help just explains one UI-element after another instead of showing up the possibilities around it (such as the list editor, for instance).

Best

Alex

Screenshot 2019-06-24 at 20.41.57.png

How have you got the Bullet text style set up?

Take a screenshot like this or try to set the bullet style up to look like this. 

Screen-Shot-2019-06-24-at-20-59-17.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Thanks for the quick answer - that helped. But then: Why in good heavens is this format being achieved via the basic styles and not via the palette's features? What if a document has no styles at all? Is it then impossible to achieve a normal list? I must say, IMHO some things are really really unintuitive. I don't even know which of the settings made my particular demand happen... In InDesign I choose "Apply Numbered List" and *bam* there it is - with the logical indent of the following lines and a clear feature for that in the paragraph palette - see screenshot. I don't want another InDesign, but some things I consider industry standards. That would be one of them. Am I completely wrong? Do I not see the obvious? Please enlighten me.

:33_unamused:

Screenshot 2019-06-24 at 22.48.20.png

Thanks, that helped - I found out, that when I click on the List icon in the top bar (text selected) - it sets it automatically correctly. But when I choose Type: Bullet in the Bullets and Numbering part of the Paragraph pane it doesn't - this should be definitely changed, please, Serif.

Screenshot 2019-07-02 at 10.46.59.png