You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Changing the default blue with white text colors

1 minute ago, curtj said:

I made an image to explain that I am saying the tool bar itself and not how to change document colors. There isn't a way to do this in Preferences. I'm sick of the blue color, it's a matter of taste. 

Affinity Color Change.jpg

Go to Apple menu > System Preferences > General and change your system highlight color. Affinity respects the color you set there.

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

I see, it's a global Apple setting and not an in Applicaton setting. That's kind of a shame, I'd like to have the Suite of Photo, Designer, and Publisher with the same colors I choose. I just checked Finder and it's gray, or grey, depending on your area of the world. No wonder that's hard to see clearly; light gray background behind the thumbnails, dark gray on the sidecar backgound, and medium gray for the selection bar, and a not so white white. I'll experiment with in setting, and thank you!

44 minutes ago, buschbrand said:

Thx thomaso ... but this ist not what I meant – this is a kind of workaround. I don't want to change selection colors OS-wide. I want to set colors individually depending on document contents.

You cant do that 

but you can have colour coded tags on the layers (& Layer layers) to help to identify your document's content

Just right-click a layer and select a colour

layers2.png

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

3 hours ago, buschbrand said:

I wish I could make the curves visible …

Ah, yes, a UI preview mode "curves only" would be helpful in AfPub, too.

Two Workarounds:

1. Since the visibility of these UI curves does depend on the object fill color you would have to toggle different UI curve colors for different fill colors. So, as a compromise, why not toggling temporarily the fill visibility, either its color or layer/group opacity or blend mode?

1734031767_outlinemode-opacity.jpg.982b6d1595dbda7f717d80effe77c702.jpg

2. If you have AfDesigner besides AfPublisher then you can switch to the "Designer Persona" and activate "Outline Mode" (Cmd-Y). Then all content appears in black contours with no fill, regardless whether an object got converted to curves. Back in Publisher Persona the outline mode remains active until you toggle it again as Designer Persona.

449806539_outlinemode-designerpersona.thumb.jpg.a22392ff2b947e545eb8001d123b903c.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

@buschbrand

i'm not shure if this is what you want, but:

you can create a new layer and right click on the new layer in the layers panel and than properties.

here you can give the layer a color and all items on that layer will have the boundingboxes in that color.

intel core i5,  16GB 128Gb ssd win10 Pro Huion new 1060plus.

philips 272p 2560x1440px on intel HD2500 onboard graphics

Razer Tartarus Chroma

9 minutes ago, buschbrand said:

And in general: Excuse my poor English … it's difficult to discribe things in a foreign language.

No problem, my english is as good as yours (or as bad) :)

intel core i5,  16GB 128Gb ssd win10 Pro Huion new 1060plus.

philips 272p 2560x1440px on intel HD2500 onboard graphics

Razer Tartarus Chroma

Unfortunately this layer property color, used on a master page, seems to get lost on document pages: there it gets reset to default Blue.
And, indeed, unfortunately object layers do not have that property option at all.

Colorful side effect and feature for a moment:
When I apply such a layer property color then immediately it gets applied to ALL pages – until I activate any object or different page.

287277822_layerspropertycolor.thumb.jpg.c1cb66ee5ab673648c028580d122cf8b.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1