You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bottom Align not align at bottom

I have two text frame seating in the same baseline (snap to baseline grid is on) with same Y value from bottom.

The folio 13 is not going to the last line. (this is not à bold type issue as regular does the same.)

the text is Top align, the folio is Bottom align...

1649756359_Capturedcran2019-06-2417_24_53.png.7e0e40e7e72b90506c56d988d634d2aa.png

Nothing strange. Just enlarge the frame height by 0,01 mm and the number will have enough space to jump to the next line.

(actually I need to type in transform panel only a 5 behind the 2 in your 135,82 mm, means 0,005 mm)

Try to avoid to make the frame height so close to the grid line.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

It happens on my computer as well, but to both text frames, which is a bit more logical. You could also check, if there is any distance applied for the paragraph. It's done here without my knowledge, but it's not helping to turn it off.

If you wish to use Snap to baseline grid then just make the frames a little taller so the bottom of each is not on the baseline. I think what is happening is the Bottom Align is allowing for space for the descenders because you have snap to baseline grid on.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

7 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

If you wish to use Snap to baseline grid then just make the frames a little taller so the bottom of each is not on the baseline. I think what is happening is the Bottom Align is allowing for space for the descenders because you have snap to baseline grid on.

The text frame with Top Align doesn't have any problem with descenders. Bottom Align should react the same (without the need of tweaking anything).

427871741_Capturedcran7.png.3abce3bd164027da96f4e22fbd1e3bea.png

1 hour ago, ericGa said:

The text frame with Top Align doesn't have any problem with descenders. Bottom Align should react the same (without the need of tweaking anything).

This was raised as an issue a long time ago during the initial beta release. I'm sorry, I really don't remember what the conclusion of that discussion was. I don't have time to look for it now but if you are interested you could search for it yourself. If memory serves me well the conclusion was that only top align makes sense in this scenario but I may be completely wrong.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

3 hours ago, Seneca said:

This was raised as an issue a long time ago during the initial beta release. I'm sorry, I really don't remember what the conclusion of that discussion was. I don't have time to look for it now but if you are interested you could search for it yourself. If memory serves me well the conclusion was that only top align makes sense in this scenario but I may be completely wrong.

I tried to find the discussion without success. I am curious to know what justifies this. 

• 9 months later...