You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Making a raster image linked (possible bug)

I had this workflow in PP: import stock -> arrange stuff -> group all for a spread background -> rasterise -> make linked. Then I could make all photo editing elsewhere or send it to someone else.

If I rasterise a group, it doesn't show up in the resource manager.

The workaround is: select the rasterised image, export only the selection, replace the original selection.

• Staff

@SirAnoke

We do not list internally made raster objects as resources. I can see that managing them could be useful, but until you export the selection and re-import the resulting image as a file I do not think the resource manager would know what to show. I agree this belongs in the suggestions forum for consideration.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

If internal images displayed their effective placed DPI that would improve matters I think. So an improvement to resource manager or a way to do a preflight pass to flag up any low resolution (internal) images

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon