You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The output looks absolutely fine and it's fast to export but if you look at the bottom of the page you will see four url's  and they seem to take the link of the last url entered whilst editing the page. A user proofing said they got the Henage site (that was the last url I typed in). I have since edited the Dog Inn, I deleted the url and re-typed. All of the links now point to the Dog Inn. I hope that makes some sense?

Cheers, Ian

A5_notebook.pdf

A5_notebook.afpub

The .afpub file shows no hyperlinks in the hyperlinks studio. The PDF in Mac Preview is interpreting the text as links but is messed up because of the text being on an angle. Use the links to be links by using Text > Interactive > Insert Hyperlink and then use the URL choice from the top menu.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Thanks for that Bruce, you may have spotted I'm not a designer and Affinity is all very new to me. I'm a Windows developer so I don't use Mac. I cannot find anything on Interactive or Hyperlink in either the UI or Help file. If there is nothing in the afpub file then I guess it's a windows function or even some Adobe function trying to be clever?

Cheers, Ian

This might make it clearer, the screen shots show how to make a Hyperlink, they are named by time of day, earliest is first. The publisher document is the final. The link is to this page.

Archive.zip

Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

Ah, gotcha - many, many thanks. I shall see if doing it properly fixes the issue :) I have to say the three Affinity products are a sterling effort, I don't do much of this type of work and when I do it's usually a voluntary effort. It is a learning curve but fun (I don't say that much these days when it comes to software).

Thanks once again, Ian 

OK, tried that, in several varieties but it doesn't work for me. However I have managed to set them so they are automatically seen as URL's and take the 'clicker' off to the wrong site.

I see what you mean about being at an angle, the 'selection' by mouse highlights an area covering all four URL's, is this confusing the pdf as the text is now correct within the design for each URL?

If I get the chance I will move the URL's further apart later and see if that clears the issue.

Regards, Ian 

I have moved the url's around the page to test and they work as expected. The selection area on the mouse click appears to be the problem and I get why, confusion on which object received the click! However, disabling the function is a solution in this instance.

Thanks for the help, Ian

• 3 weeks later...

I have read this thread and downloaded the example (archive.zip). I understand how to make hyperlinks to urls, but I can only get it to work if I use Export to create my PDF. Then it works fine. But if I print to a PDF driver, I cannot get it to work (the link text  does not appear in the PDF as a link). I am very sure that this is because the PDF driver is not recognizing the text as a link (unless it LOOKS exactly like a link).

OK, so why am I using a PDF driver if the export works fine? Well, as I mentioned in another thread, unless I use a PDF driver, I can find no mechanism in AP to make a BOOKLET with facing pages, and get the odd page arrangement (used to be called "impose pages" in PagePlus) - i.e. on a sheet 11 x 17, have pages 4 and 1 on one side, and 2 and 3 on the second side.

The problem is that the Booklet option is only available in the PRINT dialog (not the Export dialog). So you cannot use Export to get facing (imposed) pages. So if I cannot use Export, how can I get a PDF with facing pages AND have my URL link work?

Adding to this dilemma is that in the Windows version of AP, there is no PDF pull-down option in the Print dialog. So you must resort to using a separate PDF driver (as opposed to using one built into AP). So I cannot use AP's PDF creation to hopefully recognize my URL link and make a good link in the resulting PDF.

1 hour ago, rah1861 said:

how can I get a PDF with facing pages AND have my URL link work?

Export as Spreads, not pages. Have you set up the document as Facing Pages?

Yes, I have set up the document as facing pages. On the Export, I have Area as "All spreads" and no "Pages" mentioned. When I see the PDF, I get the front page (page 1) as a single page, then I get the center 2 pages as a double-wide (essentially what is seen on the screen)) and then the 4th page as a single page.

This is not working correctly. If I print to a PDF driver, I get it correctly, with pages 4 and 1 on the first double-wide page, and pages 2 and 3 on the second double-wide page. This is EXACTLY what used to be done in PagePlus when you checked the "impose pages" option on a PDF creation.

I should have mentioned - it is the inability in the Export dialog to specify the Models found on the Print dialog - specifically, the BOOKLET option - this is what gets you what I want. It is NOT available via Export. It should be, I think.