You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

CANNOT OPEN THE NEW SOFTWARE

Hi, I've posted elsewhere but I really need a quick response. as I cant use the software at all and have work to do - typical now im paying for it...….

I downloaded the paid for latest Windows version from my account (Yes definitely windows) yet when I try to open the message says:

This App cant run on your PC

To find a version for your PC, Check with your software publisher.

I'm running windows 10, been using all the beta versions with only a few issues.

Check the digital signature:

Also, please note that the minimum supported version of Windows 10 is now 1607.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

@sitimms

Because the betas have been working then your Windows PC is compatible. It sounds a lot like your download is incomplete.

By the way I can see from your account that you have bought Affinity Publisher (recently) and Affinity Photo (a while ago) but you have not bought Affinity Designer from Serif using the email associated with this forum account. 

Is this actually an Affinity Publisher problem?  If so I have replied here

Is Affinity Photo working?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

@Patrick Connor Its a publisher issue. I use edge, so it's not that. And yes affinity photo is fine (installed the latest version today) I purchased designer on my ipad - may have been through a different email.

Ive been involved with beta and its been pretty much good all the way through (apart from last beta I had a couple of issues on). I've tried open as admin.

I've unistalled the beta, restarted about 10 times. 

Im just doing a fresh download now

13 minutes ago, sitimms said:

Im just doing a fresh download now

Did you check the digital signature for the previous download? ears.gif

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 hour ago, sitimms said:

IM IN! it mustn't have been complete, but I couldn't re-download earlier as the internet at work was quite slow. Its weird that it hadn't been completed as usually the icon isn't present if not complete.

Anyway thanks - I think a fresh download has resolved it.

I've been trying to reproduce this issue for a while now on different browsers, but no matter what I try, I've been unable to corrupt the file download.  Therefore I'm not sure what's causing the browsers to sometimes say that the file download is complete, when it isn't.

Can you confirm that this was with Edge that is built into Windows, and not the new Chromium-Edge beta?  Also, do you have any third-party antivirus software installed on the machine that is possibly doing HTTPS man-in-the-middle inspection?