You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Feature Request Upvote

Wouldn't it be great if all feature requests for the Affinity range would be collected into a list with an upvote system to see which features are the most desired? 

If you think so, too please put  » +1 « in the comments or hit like!

Cheers 

Benny

___♥___
| | |    | | |

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/24/2019 at 9:53 AM, BennyD said:

Wouldn't it be great if all feature requests for the Affinity range would be collected into a list with an upvote system to see which features are the most desired? 

No. Serif is monitoring the forums and draws their own conclusions. But they (to my knowledge) have not offered or asked for voting about most desired features. The roadmap is based on their decisions/stategy and not based on a public vote.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

I think it would strengthen the community even more if Serif would make transparent that they are working on features which are highly requested by the users like »offset path« or »dxf export« and the switch from Adobe to Affinity is worth the whole effort.

___♥___
| | |    | | |

3 hours ago, BennyD said:

I think it would strengthen the community even more if Serif would make transparent that they are working on features which are highly requested by the users like »offset path« or »dxf export« and the switch from Adobe to Affinity is worth the whole effort.

One problem with that is that Serif might be "working on something" for several years before they get it finished enough to release. Once they say they're working on it, people will keep asking "when are you going to have it done?" or complaining that Serif conned them because they've been waiting so long.

It can take a long time to implement some features. Some are very complex to design, or very complex to code once designed. There is a limited pool of developers to work on them, and priorities can change. Or complexities can become apparent once work has started that make things go slower.

If some feature turns out to be too complex, and Serif wants to stop working on it, that's very difficult if they've publicly said that that it's in progress.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1