You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher: Expand text from master

Here’s how to replicate the crash.

We create a page template, named here Chapter, we insert the text of examples, we then create some pages that use this model Chapter, then we select all the text on this page.

The software crashes when deleting the text.

6 cœurs, 12 processus - Windows 11 pro - 4K - DirectX 12 - Suite universelle Affinity (Affinity  Publisher, Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo).

Mais je vous le demande, peut-on imaginer une police sans sérifs ?

Hi there!
I have a bit of the same. Publisher crashes on expanding the filler text, as well as sometimes just when I click on the filler text (without even left click to choose the option).. It never crashes (so far) when I click on the text with the move tool, only with the frame text tool or the artistic text tool. It never crashes with "normal text" (non-filler) as far as I'm aware. I have autorised bug reports so it should be logged somewhere.

Windows 10
XP pen graphic tablet

Datacolor Spyder 4

Affinity Designer/Affinity Publisher/Adobe Photoshop & Lightroom/Inkscape

I must add: I had another go in expanding the field of the master page, and it doesn't crash. So it could be only when I am trying to expand a publication page. Maybe that's the way one should do :) (but it should give me an error message instead then!)

Windows 10
XP pen graphic tablet

Datacolor Spyder 4

• Staff

It shouldn't crash regardless, do you have a "recipe" for getting it to constantly crash when expanding on a publication page? A short video like in the original post might help me reproduce it (although it could be a similar crash as the OP)

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

17 minutes ago, Jon P said:

It shouldn't crash regardless, do you have a "recipe" for getting it to constantly crash when expanding on a publication page? A short video like in the original post might help me reproduce it (although it could be a similar crash as the OP)

I'll have a look.

Overall I noticed some strange behaviour that may (or may not) be a performance issue. For example in certain circumstances I really have trouble to access the frame text handles (either with the move tool or any text tool). I noticed that these behaviour reverted to normal when I closed the program and opened it again (but not the crash on expand). All the problems I had with slow/erratic behaviour including the one I'm reporting here had to do with the text tools/functions so far - if that helps. So it may be related. I don't have the doc where it occured anymore. If it happens again, I will report it and post a screencast here.

I have 16 Gb RAM (Primary disk is a 250 Mb SSD + 1TB HDD and 2TB HDD back up drive)

Do Affinity software access a scratch disk to increase memory in the same way that Photoshop does?

I'll report back if it happens again...

ADDING FOR CLARITY: So far none of these issues have happened with Designer (older versions or the new update)

Windows 10
XP pen graphic tablet

Datacolor Spyder 4