You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am using the new aPub release and I love it. I have however run into a frustrating situation with Test Wrap Setting. I have 2 sets of text on a page and an image, I want the first set of text to wrap around the image but not the second set of text. Is there a way to exempt one or more sets of text from having to wrap around the image? If there is I don't know how I missed.

I have attached 2 images below to better illustrate my issue. Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Publisher No Text Wrap.PNG

Publisher With Text Wrap.PNG

Crop the image so that it isn't behind the lower text?

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

Thank you Paul for your reply. Cropping the image is a possible solution but it is very inefficient for work that needs art directing. What if I receive feedback that says I enlarge the image to cover the full right side of the page? Which by the way I just did!

As you can see, this is not an easy image to key from the background because of the hair so you certainly don't want to crop the image unless you absolutely have to. In this case I chose to duplicate the lower text, sent one copy to the back and converted the top copy to curves. It's a work around but I would rather there Serif implements a way to exempt some text covered by the image from wrapping around the image. Without it, it will create a lot of headache for a lot of designers. In Adobe's world you wrap the text and not the image so this problem never comes up.

I think the Edit Wrap Outline button in the Toolbar does what you want.

Just select the image and move the bottom nodes up

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.