I think this is more of a bug report than a question, but it’s always possible there’s something I’m doing wrong.

I’m going through the Photo workbook and have reached pp. 184-85, Removing Ghosts. I’ve merged the supplied photos and selected Toggle Source Preview to heighten the panel containing the source images.

The next instruction is to scroll through the list of source images one at a time. “Each image will preview on the main canvas and you will be able to see the different wave shapes.”

The problem is that this isn’t happening. When I scroll through the source images, nothing changes on the main canvas. Attached are two screenshots, showing two different source images selected alongside the main canvas. The main canvas doesn’t change no matter which source image is selected.

I’m on an iPad Air running OS 10.14.5. I’ve gone through the workbook page by page, and this is the first time something hasn’t functioned as described. Thanks for any tips.

Screen Shot 2019-06-23 at 2.50.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-23 at 2.51.23 PM.png

Same problem on macOS Mojave.  I just blew it off thinking I did not digest the instructions. Interesting to see replies, especially if cross platforms.

Cecil - North Carolina

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB. iPad Pro 10.5.

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

The text for the Removing Ghosts exercise is on pp. 182-183 of my copy of the Photo workbook, so possibly mine is a bit different from yours, but for me everything works as indicated.

From your screenshot, it looks like you do not have the "Toggle Source Preview" button enabled -- when it is its background should be almost black, not the same   dark grey as the surrounding background.

sources.jpg.06b861b580800c7265946b62201d227b.jpg

Affinity Photo 1.7.3, Affinity Designer 1.7.3, Affinity Publisher 1.7.3; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.155 & Affinity Designer 1.7.3.1 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 13.1.2