You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

multiple photos on a page from asset manager

I wish to place multiple photos into previously drawn photo frames on a page from the asset manager.  I was able to place one photo on an empty page, but not the photo frame. I use several photos on a page and in X9 was able to place photos (from the asset manager to already drawn photo frames on the page, one after another. 

I don't think it's possible at the moment to drag an asset into a picture frame

For now you could try this...

Drag an asset (image) onto your document

Right click on the image and select Cut

Right click the picture frame and select Paste as Content

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

The only way I have found to drag multiple photos into pre-drawn photo boxes is to have your photo folder on one screen (I am using Windows on a PC) and then you drag each file into pre-drawn photo boxes. However, compared to X9 this is not very efficient.

Once the photos are on the page, I can alter the size with the slider at the base of each photo (click on the photo to bring to highlight the photo). I have been unable to alter the position of each photo within the photo frame. In the middle of each photo is what looks to be how you would do so. A circle with four arrow heads showing direction. I have clicked on these but nothing happens.

• 4 months later...

I am truly confused why it is not possible to drag assets onto predefined picture frames.  

This ought to be the whole point of assets and pre-defining layouts in master pages.  

To me this is so unintuitive it has the status of a bug. 

What is X9 by the way? 

Why do you need to drag the images from the Asset Manager? If you have a page pre-defined with picture frames use the Place function, browse to your directory with the images, select them and drop the images into the desired picture frames.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

On 6/23/2019 at 2:10 AM, carl123 said:

I don't think it's possible at the moment to drag an asset into a picture frame

For now you could try this...

Drag an asset (image) onto your document

Right click on the image and select Cut

Right click the picture frame and select Paste as Content

I am not sure if this is what you meant but for me this works with any kind of asset, even (a bit bizarrely) with an asset that is itself a picture frame with its own framed image!

1173245653_framedframe.jpg.5b0d92c3cac9947d2646d0415a8e9502.jpg

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Is this OS specific? On Windows 10 the dragged asset is always placed on top of the picture frame and not inside. O.o

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

5 minutes ago, Joachim_L said:

Is this OS specific? On Windows 10 the dragged asset is always placed on top of the picture frame and not inside. O.o

If you mean what @carl123 suggested above, it does not matter where the asset is placed -- as he said, after it is placed just select & cut it, then right click on the frame & select Paste as Content from the popup menu.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

No, I meant dragging an asset and directly placing it into a picture frame like dragging an image from the desktop directly into a picture frame. Sorry for misunderstanding.

------

I think Carl is right about directly placing a dragged asset into a picture frame not currently being possible (with either OS) but his workaround requires only two extra steps & takes very little time to do because all the steps are done on the page with the mouse.

Affinity Photo 

6 minutes ago, haakoo said:

You don't even need to cut and paste as content.
Simply drag the image over the pictureframe in the layerspanel.
(Make sure it is on top of the pictureframe though)

That also works but I prefer Carl's method because I don't have to move the mouse as far or be careful about where I drop the asset in the Layers panel.

But either way, having a choice is good. :)

Affinity Photo