You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

v1.7.1 - Crash dragging an Artistic Text item to another page

nwhit

Tried dragging an artistic text item across the pages (from p1 to p2) and get a crash every time. Tried it multiple times. Crash report included.

Metal Compute, OpenGL display

Crash Report - Moving item across pages.rtf

About.jpeg

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
MacBook Pro, 13", M1 2020 • 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
iPad Air 2022

• 2 weeks later...

Tried with new beta 420 and now in a clean new file, if I try to drag an artistic text item from one page to another, it simply disappears. Gone! But didn't crash the program.

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
iPad Air 2022

Tried the original document created in 1.7.1 with the Artistic Text element, re-saved in the new beta 420. Dragging the Artistic Text element (3 words with a gradient fill and drop shadow), it still crashes the beta.

--------------------

iPad Air 2022

• Staff

If you can only reproduce the crash in the original document, can you attach the original document here? The issue with is "disappearing" in the current beta is known about (it gets a vertical offset applied, which is a bug in that current beta version)

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

5 hours ago, Jon P said:

If you can only reproduce the crash in the original document, can you attach the original document here? The issue with is "disappearing" in the current beta is known about (it gets a vertical offset applied, which is a bug in that current beta version)

Thanks

Need a private link please.

--------------------

iPad Air 2022

Uploaded the file. The problematic Artistic Text item is currently floating over the main text area in this 1.7.2 version, the larger "How It Works". For the actual final pub, I had moved it off the main page and replaced it with a different text.

But if I try to drag it down to the top-left or top-right of page 2, crashes the app most of the time. I just tried it now and I dragged it once down to page 2 and while still holding the mouse down, it disappeared (as per other issue), but dragging it back up it reappears, while dragging it back down a 2nd time, it crashes. Sometimes have to vary where draggin it to on page 2. 

In the actual pub, the images were mostly linked but I have embedded them for you.

--------------------

iPad Air 2022

• Staff

I can reproduce the crash you describe (and some others, moving the background image on the first page also caused it to crash).

This crash seems to be related to snapping, so if disable snapping you will no longer get the crash.

I noticed you are using an isometric grid, is there any reason for this? From what I can see so far that seems to be the cause. If you set it to automatic and leave snapping enabled it also prevents the crash.

Either way, no matter what grid you are using the app shouldn't be crashing, so I will get this logged for the developers.

Thanks for sending the file

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

5 hours ago, Jon P said:

I noticed you are using an isometric grid, is there any reason for this?

I wasn't aware that there was an isometric grid in the document. Completely unaware of that feature until now, so not sure at all how it might have gotten there! When the doc was created, never knew of nor set that so not sure how it came to be turned on. Strange! Need to go back and check all other docs created with APub to be sure it's not on!

--------------------

iPad Air 2022

Interesting! I looked at the other docs I have created in APub and several had the Iso grid turned on. I know I never did that, so not sure how that happens. I also checked when creating a new doc if it was a preset but the new docs created don't have Iso turned on.

What would have caused that to be turned on in a doc like the one I sent you? 

--------------------

iPad Air 2022