On 11/9/2018 at 3:18 PM, Mithferion said:

This gives me hope

Gimme hope, Jo'anna !!! - Or as one says in German "Die Hoffnung stirbt zuletzt". ;)

☛ Affinity Designer 1.7.0 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.7.0 ◆ OSX El Capitan

3 hours ago, v_kyr said:

Gimme hope, Jo'anna !!! - Or as one says in German "Die Hoffnung stirbt zuletzt". ;)

Or in spanish: la esperanza muere al último:) 

Best regards!

You'll never know what you can do until you get it up as high as you can go!   

AMD FX 8350 :: Radeon HD 7870 :: Windows 10 ::  http://mithferion.deviantart.com/

Oxygen Icons :: Free Quality Fonts :: Public Domain Pictures :: iOS 11 Design Resources :: iOS App Icon Template :: The Secret of High Quality Art

20 hours ago, v_kyr said:

It can be so easy. Why Serif don't look at ??? It can be handled a better way? Or NO?

In German: Macht es doch besser! Jetzt ist die Gelegenheit!

9 minutes ago, ernie-f said:

Jetzt ist die Gelegenheit!

Or, as we say in English, carpe diem! ;)

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

'Gandalf put his hand on Pippin's head. There never was much hope, he answered. Just a fool's hope, as I have been told.'

While shape builder is an important thing for me, the work around using divide and then combining is also in dire need of rework. Too many junk points or curves. That issue has been since years. I wish they fix it ASAP. It's becoming increasingly frustrating to keep on waiting. My bet is it's going to take at least beyond 2020 to fix them (Very happy to be proven wrong). My reason is right now they are busy with publisher then they will be busy with DAM tool in 2020. Given those are their priorities (my opinion btw), I highly doubt we'll see the Boolean issues fixed before this decade. 

19 minutes ago, pmabdullah87 said:

then they will be busy with DAM tool

This assumption you draw from what?

On another thread, the moderator said that they are not currently working on DAM (unfortunately).

Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367, Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367, Affinity Publisher Beta. Affinity Store.
Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903, Build 18362.145.
Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080.

50 minutes ago, Pšenda said:

On another thread, the moderator said that they are not currently working on DAM (unfortunately).

Thanks for pointing out. I would like them to fix the current plaguing issues first before working on new apps. But nonetheless a DAM would be a great addition to the suite which would make the workflow much better

51 minutes ago, Pšenda said:

This assumption you draw from what

I read it in the forums

Well, here is what I can say from what I’ve read:

- Matt Priestley will be working on the issues present in boolean operations and expand strokes.

- Matt is not part of the Publisher or the DAM team.

- Matt and Ashley Hewson have talked about the DAM application, and in fact, it’d be among us at some point of 2020

Also, yeah, to me, the logical step is to fix the issues with boolean operations before making a Shape Builder Tool.

Best regards!

EDIT: Added some links to support what I just wrote. Notice that some of the links have their own context, so among the lines you can read what I am refering to.

AMD FX 8350 :: Radeon HD 7870 :: Windows 10 ::  http://mithferion.deviantart.com/

Oxygen Icons :: Free Quality Fonts :: Public Domain Pictures :: iOS 11 Design Resources :: iOS App Icon Template :: The Secret of High Quality Art

1 hour ago, Mithferion said:

Well, here is what I can say from what I’ve read:

- Matt Priestley will be working on the issues present in boolean operations and expand strokes.

- Matt is not part of the Publisher or the DAM team.

- Matt and Ashley Hewson have talked about the DAM application, and in fact, it’d be among us at some point of 2020

Also, yeah, to me, the logical step is to fix the issues with boolean operations before making a Shape Builder Tool.

Best regards!

EDIT: Added some links to support what I just wrote. Notice that some of the links have their own context, so among the lines you can read what I am refering to.

@MithferionThanks a lot. I mostly use forums in my mobile and hence there are some challenges in linking them unlike the ease / familiarity of a desktop.

1 hour ago, Mithferion said:

Agreed.

On 1/24/2018 at 3:59 PM, ChristAlix said:

[AD] Shape Builder Tool as in Autodesk Inventor, I like it, a great tool!

Inventor_Shape_Tool.gif

definitely not the best example of to why AD needs a shape builder tool. this was as simple as "add"ing the shapes together. 

On 11/9/2018 at 3:18 PM, Mithferion said:

I didn't notice until today that DrawPlus had a Shape Builder Tool. This gives me hope. :)

image.png.512890217eead39da3f529606d7bbfdf.png

Best regards!

hi I just found out about the existence of DrawPlus x8 !!!

What is Drawplus x8 and what does it have to do with Affinity Designer?

5 minutes ago, .: NICKY G. :. said:

hi I just found out about the existence of DrawPlus x8 !!!

It is part of the older line of Serif products, which are no longer being developed. It has nothing to do with any of the Serif Affinity products.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.399 Beta

5 minutes ago, .: NICKY G. :. said:

Like Affinity Designer, DrawPlus X8 is a hybrid vector/raster drawing application produced by Serif. Unlike AD, it’s for Windows only — and as Walt says, it’s no longer being developed (but it’s still available to purchase as a ‘legacy’ application).

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

What they said. :D

Best regards!

Hey Affinity, 

I love using your software and with each update it's getting better and better. Really looking forward to Publisher dropping shortly as well which will have no doubt focused on all of your attention.

I use Designer predominately and there are two tools that I know a lot of people would benefit from. I was wondering if they might be in future plans and if there is any time scale?

1) Shape Builder - i know designer already features similar tools but it would be awesome to have a dedicated tool similar to illustrator which would really help with productivity and accuracy. This thread dates back to 2015 so fingers crossed aha!

2) Expand Strokes to Shapes -  This would be so useful in so many different ways. 

Many thanks, 

Cailum

On 6/5/2019 at 8:31 AM, Cailum said:

1) Shape Builder - i know designer already features similar tools but it would be awesome to have a dedicated tool similar to illustrator which would really help with productivity and accuracy. This thread dates back to 2015 so fingers crossed aha!

As they said on ther official account:

On 6/5/2019 at 8:31 AM, Cailum said:

2) Expand Strokes to Shapes -  This would be so useful in so many different ways. 

Expand stroke is available in DEsigner, is that what you are refering to? Also, it needs to be improved sin with smalls sizes, the resultas are less than acceptable.

Best regards!