You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

In Photo how can I make the color picker act like eyedropper in Photoshop?

I would like to use switch from Photoshop to Affinity Photo for digital painting the only thing that I can seem to get used to is using the Color picker tool it doesnt act like Photoshops eyedropper when I press the shortcut key  the letter "I"  and pick a color on the canvas the color picker does not just back to the hard round brush after picking a color I have to press the  I  key again which slows me down when blending colors together, Is there any way to make Affinity Photo work like the Photoshop eyedropper when I press alt.  I am using a wacom intuos 5 pro for my digital art. Can anyone help is there any fix for this issue? Thanks in advance

15 minutes ago, vdevvil said:

Hello,

if you hold down the ALT key and drag around the canvas with your pencil, you will use the Color Picker tool and it will switch the color immediatly to the color you are dragging it over.

That worked Thank You at first I tried the Left alt key but it didnt work so tried the or Right alt key on my keyboard and it works 

Thanks again

Great this works with ALT to quickly pick up a color.

Why did I not find this out myself? Because when holding ALT, the cursor does not change, it feels as if it does not work. But it really does change the color.

I got nuts with changing between pickup-tool and brush because that behaviour is very odd: Pickup a color that way places the bottom color circle to come to the front and show the new picked color. But as soon as I go to the brush, the color circle switch and the wrong color gets painted. Odd, odd!