You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Resource Manager improvements

First of all: Congrats on the launch of Publisher! 

It would be great to be able to control-click on the columns headers/labels and be able to select which metadate is shown. Additionally, Color Space and ICC Profile would be great additions to view directly in the column view and not have to click on each image to make sure all profiles/color modes are correct.

Additionally, I would ask you to consider renaming some of the buttons in the Resource Manager to be less confusing:

1. Change Locate to Show. Locate implies file location on HD, not on document.

2. Change Replace… to Locate… as this implies file location. Seems to me the Resource Manager is mostly used to Locate missing linked assets more than "Replacing" missing asset locations.

Thanks for your consideration and all the excellent work you do!

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

On 6/22/2019 at 9:30 PM, ronnyb said:

It would be great to be able to control-click on the columns headers/labels and be able to select which metadate is shown. Additionally, Color Space and ICC Profile would be great additions to view directly in the column view and not have to click on each image to make sure all profiles/color modes are correct.

+1 for customisable columns.

It would also be fine if the placeholder in resource-manager would be rendered in the right colour space, not as highly saturated RGB when it's more "pale" cmyk...

• Main machine: iMac 2019 (21,5-inch 4k, 6core), 64GB RAM, 1TB nvme + 2TB ssd, running on Mac OS 13;
  • Display setup: 28" 5k Display (primary) + 21,5" iMac4k-Display for studio panels (secondary);
  • Keyboard layout: german apple extended keyboard (aluminium);

On 6/22/2019 at 8:30 PM, ronnyb said:

Additionally, I would ask you to consider renaming some of the buttons in the Resource Manager to be less confusing:

I'm not in 100% agreement, but...   If you delete a linked image, when the document is opened a pop-up appears asking if you want to locate the resource - selecting "Yes" then gives you an Explorer Window (under Windows, I assume the OSX equivalent happens on Macs).  If that's your first experience of using the Resource Manager it leads to confusion as to what "Locate" does.  Perhaps the pop-up should say replace rather than locate?

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10