You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When I copy the image 'A' and paste it to 'B' there is a colour change. Why is this? It hasn't happened before.

Copy problem 1.afdesign

Coyp problem 2.afdesign

If voting made any difference it wouldn't be allowed!

Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools.

To be ignorant of world happenings is forgivable - to be willingly ignorant is unforgivable.

Truth does not need to be protected only lies do.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

Hi jackamus  :) … seems you are using different colour profiles in both documents … 

By the way, I am still amazed by that technical illustration (grinding machine) you have posted some time in the past … truely awesome …  :)

post-1198-0-07687100-1432545229_thumb.png

post-1198-0-96912400-1432545233_thumb.png

OK, what I don't understand is why it suddenly changed?

However I have now made sure they are both the same. Will this be a new default profile?

To be ignorant of world happenings is forgivable - to be willingly ignorant is unforgivable.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

Hm, I have no idea … but I don’t think this is the new default one, since it is a colour profile of a HP Photosmart 6510 printer, as far as I can see. I don’t even have this profile on my computer. Seems it has been installed along with your printer hardware …  :unsure:

Hi Alex,

Sorry by default I mean will Affinity always use this profile in future?

I bought this profile, which was created specifically for my new printer, to use with PhotoShop when I want to print photos.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

Hi jackamus  :) … seems you are using different colour profiles in both documents … 

By the way, I am still amazed by that technical illustration (grinding machine) you have posted some time in the past … truely awesome …  :)

I'm still having this problem. What should the default colour profile be?

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

Hi jackamus,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing still problems with the color profiles. Choosing the right profile depends on the intended use of the documents you create … if you’re designing for screen, sRGB should work in most cases … for print design it depends on your printer or print service …

As far as Affinity Designer is concerned, I found that the app remembers the last settings chosen (latest Beta and MAS 1.21) … perhaps you had printed a photo from Designer using the HP Photosmart profile in the past … but honestly, I don’t know. Perhaps the devs can shed some light on the issue tomorrow …  :unsure:

Cheers,

Alex  :)

• Staff

If you reset Designer back to defaults by holding the CTRL key while opening this will reset the colour profile settings. If you just want to change the RGB Colour profile , the default is sRGB IEC61966-2.1