I would so love to see a freeform gradient tool in Designer - you are almost there where you can select the way points in the linear tool but to then be able to have them as a controllable spline would be awesome.

Is this something you will include into future updates?

1BIG +

The "Freeform Gradient tool" is a very cool tool added by Adobe in the last release. something like this in AD will be really great...

Image result for freeform gradient tool gif

15 hours ago, Smooo67 said:

I would so love to see a freeform gradient tool in Designer - you are almost there where you can select the way points in the linear tool but to then be able to have them as a controllable spline would be awesome.

Is this something you will include into future updates?

I think it will come at some time (see the roadmap here. The call it 'Mesh fill tool').

You already can create something in that direction using multiple fills. It is not the same but worth a try:

multiple-fill.thumb.png.75496aed9a615028ca6ceadd6c9c04ea.png

Cheers,
d.

Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 (beta 1.8.0.486)   |   Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 (beta 1.8.0.486)   |   Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 (beta 1.8.0.502)
Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.7   |   Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.8.77

Windows 10 (1809) 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

its a clunky workaround and sort of close but needs to be able to spline control the ribbon and its nodes for smooth mix blends - especially for organic shapes 

2014 is a long time ago and thank you :) but its a clunky workaround and sort of close but needs to be able to spline control the ribbon and its nodes for smooth mix blends - especially for organic shapes 

7 hours ago, dominik said:

I think it will come at some time (see the roadmap here. The call it 'Mesh fill tool').

dominik:

The Mesh fill tool is a different kind of tool, it's not for what Smooo67 is asking here. But thanks for the idea anywaws :) 

9 minutes ago, Smooo67 said:

but its a clunky workaround and sort of close but needs to be able to spline control the ribbon and its nodes for smooth mix blends - especially for organic shapes 

As I said it's a workaround. But for some kind of textures it does work. I'm sure the Affinity team has some interesting things up their sleeves.

d.

Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 (beta 1.8.0.486)   |   Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 (beta 1.8.0.486)   |   Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 (beta 1.8.0.502)
Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.7   |   Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.8.77

Windows 10 (1809) 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil