You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Contour frame for photos in Publisher?

I would like to give some photos in photo books a narrow frame in the layout. I know how to frame photos in Affinity Photo or Photoshop. However, when these are inserted into the layout, they are often cropped or fitted into a given frame. This works very well. But then the photo frame doesn't fit anymore. If I now want to give the picture frame in the Publisher and not the photo a contour: how does that work?
Thank you.

In this case I created a new document and gave the picture frame a contour. This works. I can scale the frame the way I want and the contour changes with the frame. Perfect. But how do I do that if I have already created picture frames without a contour and now want to add a contour? The result is what I described above. What am I doing wrong?

narae_03.jpg

6 hours ago, PixelPest said:

Can´t you just add a contour via "Kontur"? Select the image and adjust "Kontur":

imageBorder.gif.83920736e93d4a2f50fe652fd8a61f30.gif

Thank you.

If I select a narrow contour (e. g. 2 points), it is only displayed at the top and bottom (see the two screenshots of the girl above). If I increase the width of the contour, it is wider at the top and bottom than at the sides. Apparently the outline of the frame is oriented to the edges of the photo and not to the  frame. This means that I give the photo a contour that I actually want to give to the frame, even though the frame is selected.
If I draw a new picture frame that I have given a contour to from the start, everything is correct. The outline "sticks" to the frame and can be enlarged and reduced with it. So it's perfect. However, it is not possible for me to give the frame a contour afterwards (when the picture is therein). The contour is always aligned to the edges of the picture. This means that it disappears or is not displayed proportionally if the dimensions of the picture are larger than the dimensions of the picture frame.

Afterwards I can change it only on the masterpage. But that means that there are contours on all frames on all pages I created with this masterpage. I want to give the outline but only one  or two images on one or two sides - as an exception (where because of the high proportion of lights in the photos they do not stand out from the background.)
So I can correctly assign contours to picture frames, even afterwards, if I change the respective master page (give the picture frame on this master page a contour, which then affects all pages that I derive from this master page). But I would like to give a picture frame a contour, although the picture frames of the underlying master page have no contour.

working on the premise that you have a picture frame on your master page "without" a contour/border.

On your normal page, in the layers panel you can select the master page layer and right click, edit detached. This will add a orange bar to the top of window advising you that you are in edit detached mode. You should now be able to edit the picture frame for that page only, then click finished on the orange bar at the top of the window. The edit detached function allows you to edit master page elements for that single normal page.

Hope this helps.