You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

7 hours ago, AllanP said:

One feature I'd like to see added to APublisher is the ability to insert rules between columns when creating multi-column frames.

Since that feature was introduced in PagePlus , I've found it a very useful tool to add impoact to layouts.

You can make a series of Text frames with an appropriate sized stroked Curve in the centre of the gutters and group them (Text Frame and Curve) and store them as assets. This is just a work around until we get an actual improvement to the Text Frame Studio incorporating this feature.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Thanks for the reply, Old Bruce.

Yes, I realise there is a workaround. It's just that I've got so used to setting column rules up in PagePlus and having them automatically appear as overflow text frames are created...

Hopefully we won't have too long to wait before APublisher gets column rule functionality along with other features to make it a powerful for producing longer documents.

Looked at the use of Decorations in the Paragraph studio. I can see how this is useful for individual paragraphs but I'm not convinced it's a workable solution for column rules on a 6 page 2 column document where all that's needed is a line between the 2 columns.
Guess I've been spoilt by the simple straightforward way that it's implemented in PagePlus.

On 6/23/2019 at 9:08 AM, AllanP said:

Thanks for the reply, Old Bruce.

Yes, I realise there is a workaround. It's just that I've got so used to setting column rules up in PagePlus and having them automatically appear as overflow text frames are created...

Hopefully we won't have too long to wait before APublisher gets column ule functionality along with other features to make it a powerful for producing longer documents.

If you use master pages to define the page layout for autoflow, then you can include column guides on them too.

1 hour ago, Dave Harris said:

If you use master pages to define the page layout for autoflow, then you can include column guides on them too.

Thanks for the suggestion, , Dave. I'll take a look and see how that works.

You'll have to excuse me asking too many questions, I've used PagePlus for years and am not yet familiar with how  some things that I'm used to doing now work in Affinity Publisher...