You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Newbie Question: Where is the documentation?

Hi. I have just started investing some time in Publisher ... quirky but generally I am pleased. However, I cannot find the documentation! The Mac 'help' is poorly written and the website only seems to have 'video tutorials' (really!). Surely there is an some searchable, indexed and complete online documentation ... I just cannot seem to find it!!!

Thanks.

The Help and the Tutorials are the official documentation, just as for Photo and Designer.

You may find other video tutorials here, and on YouTube. Or classes on Udemy (or other sites).

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

There is https://affinity.help/publisher/en-US.lproj/index.html ... which is probably the same as the Mac help - as @walt.farrell says, this is the official documentation. Searchable, but quite concise and more a "reference manual" for the software than a "tutorial manual".
@Folbo, do you have any examples of any feature missing from the  help, or is it mainly a matter of wanting more how-to tutorial-style documentation?

More tutorials in various forms will no doubt appear in due time, but from their prevalence it seems videos are quite popular for learning to use any software. 
If you don't like video tutorials, no doubt more static tutorials will appear: here, for example, is a step-by-step static tutorial over at TutsPlus.

I suspect that, if a project-based tutorial workbook is planned (and I have no knowledge if one is or not) similar to those for Affinity Designer or Affinity Photo, that it might take time to complete, since it probably had to wait until the official release (and users comfortable with the release features).
Update: Yes, a workbook is planned, but will be a while before it is ready.

Thanks all.

@obtusity ... thanks for the link ... that is part of what is wanted ... the apple help system UI is poor ... in full screen it covers the very app that you are trying to use!!! That said ... neither seem to be well written in terms of their illustrations ... I was frequently left wondering if they were written for a early beta.

Tutorials are fine ... except they are not searchable, rarely do what you would like to do ... and are more than a little long winded when all you want to do is find a quick feature that 'should' be there somewhere. Tutorials supplement but do not replace.

As an example. I place an svg image containing text and scale it to fit the design. I now want to place multiple other svg images at the same scale so that the text appears to be the same size. I started with the largest so that all other graphics should be smaller. Where is the info panel? I know what I want ... I simply cannot find the info panel that tells me the scale used for the first image ... therefore I cannot properly scale the subsequent images. Tutorials are unlikely to help here ... I know this information panel is there somewhere ... it is too basic not to be! At the moment, in this particular instance, I am importing the original image again, comparing the widths and manually calculating the scale ... with a pen and paper!!!!