gkd

putting photos in asset manager

I may have missed it, but is there a way of putting multiple JPEG  photos into the asset manager as you could with PagePlus X9 (I started with X3 many years ago). I may a photo folder in the asset manager, but when I tried to import a JPEG it only looked for files with a "afassets" file.   Having multiple photos in the X9 asset manager was saved so much time when producing a magazine. 

thanks

So I created a new sub category in my assets and made sure it was open.

Then under file went to "open folder in explorer"

Selected a folder with images and dragged it into the empty sub-category space

and boom the pictures showed up.

I learn so much trying to figure out other people's stuff.

Update:

Kept playing and you don't have to create a new subcategory, as long as you drag the folder below the last sub-category section, it will create the sub-category for you, naming it the name of the folder you are dragging in there.

thanks for the reply.

I was able to drag the JPEGS to the asset folder, but was unable to place the photos in already drawn photo frames on the page. I was able to place one photo on an empty page, but not anymore. I use several photos on a page and in X9 was able to place photos (from the asset manager to already drawn photo frames on the page, one after another. It is an efficient way of doing so.

I have not found a way to place a photo from assets directly into a frame (from stock is not a problem), but if you drag the photo onto the page, you can right click the photo and convert to picture frame, this gives you all the frame tools and you can then place it where you want it. I have had no problem placing multiple images on a single page, but am dragging them across individually, not sure if there is a way of selecting multiple images in assets.

Hope this helps.