You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo - Print Dialogue Fit Type & Turning off Print Management

I have just switched from Adobe CC and am on something of a learning curve. Two issues have sprung up immediately.

1. The Fit Type -> Shrink to Printable (or Fit to Printable) does nothing on my Canon iPF-Pro 2000 when printing sheet stock. This is important as one looses a fair amount of paper real estate when using what is ostensibly a roll paper printer and the loss is not even (greatest loss on the tail of the print). Ergo, one would have to fiddle around with setting uneven borders for every print. So, is this a bug, an oops, my misunderstanding or what?
  2. The print driver doesn't seem to shut off Color-Sync when using custom .icc profiles. Now it may be that you simply aren't greying out the Color-Sync radio button and I'm getting something else happening, but it would be nice to know what is the story.

Apart from that I am very much enjoying my new to me Affinity products.

Cheers 

Doug

Hi Doug, with the fit type it sometimes will not do anything unless you toggle the page size (e.g. choose a 'wrong' size then change it back to 'defined by driver'). At least that's what I often see when using A3 paper.

No idea on the colour sync as I'm on Windows. It may just not be greying out, like when choosing 'printer manages colour' the colour profile dropdown is still active.

The printer output is still very rough around the edges, hopefully it will get some attention soon.