You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

10 minutes ago, Alfred said:

The thing is, Dave, all I get in the Wi-Fi section is ‘Choose a Network...’ and an ‘Ask to Join Networks’ switch. :(

When you tap the Wi-Fi option the iPad will scan looking for all available networks. If the wireless pro is on and broadcasting its SSID signal, it should show up in the list. It’s possible for some devices to have settings to turn off SSID broadcasting (pretty sure you can do this with MyPassport settings too). In that case you would need to manually enter an SSID in the 'Ask to Join' section, or change the setting on the broadcasting device. Enter the password (again based on MyCloud app settings) and it’s connected. 

In the pic you can see the MyPassport broadcasting two ssid's and my WAN (Telstra) home connection both offering 2.4 and 5 ghz connection options. My current connection is the 5ghz MyPassport connection which also makes a 2.4 or 5ghz connection to my WAN allowing me to send this without being directly connected. Ain't technology marvellous!

1309B661-0D27-4701-9760-E90BB3A54E3A.jpeg

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

Hi DM,

the WD my cloud unit is on auto update if this is for firmware I need to check, the standard check on the unit WD my cloud is once a week.

the app WD on the iOS I update.

past 2 years nothing changed WD basically advertising that the unit can read raw files, so I suspect now the unit I have being the WD my cloud is not capable.

I did take the raw files you suggested and the WD my cloud cannot see these images.

this rules out the camera I use.

unless WD made some changes, the my cloud unit is never going to see a raw image ever. (unless someone in the group using the same my cloud WD can prove otherwise?)

File browser app being a third party is called file browser, if anyone interested see this video below.

Just to re cap I mentioned the limitations of the iOS 

the original post was how can I view these raw files I had, which are on an external drive.

I done all the suggestions everyone kindly suggested and more, bottom line no IOS affinity , IOS  and WD my cloud app with IOS files app do not cut the mustard.

working method that can actually work is called a desktop environment, for me that be photoshop or use the iPad as a very expensive screen interface to be able to see the raw images.

quicker to just use photoshop and scan through the thumb nails to find the images I need.

ps my friend just popped around to show me his images on his android device, currently he is plugging in a usb cable to an HD, I commented no attachment for £30 quid with an adapter.

https://youtu.be/rnHfqb2h2RU

B2BD6415-F8D1-43E6-88CD-0FB3E6B8CD86.jpeg

9 hours ago, DM1 said:

When you tap the Wi-Fi option the iPad will scan looking for all available networks. If the wireless pro is on and broadcasting its SSID signal, it should show up in the list.

Thanks, Dave. It wasn’t clear to me from your earlier post that “wireless Pro” referred to a WD device (which I don’t have) rather than your iPad Pro, so I thought the missing feature in Settings was down to my having an iPad Air 2.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)